Eradicating a stump can be done in two equally efficient ways. The first option is to totally remove it from the ground with its root ball using a backhoe. However, this approach may leave damages to the surrounding area, including other plantings in the vicinity. In general, commercial property owners go for this method, especially when they have a project that requires foundation work. The second way is to eliminate it using state-of-the-art grinders. In this approach, we will place the grinder over the stump and process it until it is at least three inches below the ground.
Stump grinding is the go-to approach of many homeowners more often than not. With the right equipment, this complicated task can be completed seamlessly. While it is undoubtedly a messy undertaking, your professional workers at Main Tree Service will perform the job with a high level of efficiency. You can count on us to finish the job with your landscape in one piece. You don’t have to worry about damages because we specialize in safe and fast stump grinding service, leaving your lawn spotless.
Every stump is unique with regard to the challenges it presents in removing it. The driving factors for the difficulty level of stump removal are the age, size, and species of the tree. A massive, young hardwood stump takes the most time to grind because it is resilient to grinding due to its density. Conversely, conifers are the least challenging to remove. In addition, more mature stumps get quickly removed because they are naturally dry and are usually in a decaying state already. Ultimately, the stump size is the biggest consideration because the larger it is, the more time and effort are required to remove it. Rest assured that no matter the size, age, and species of your stump, our team can get rid of it in a fraction of time.
Stump Grinding Process
We use the following step-by-step guidelines when removing stumps:
- Our team will clean the area around the stump of any dirt, including wood, leaves, and rocks, using handheld tools like shovels and rakes.
- We will make sure that the stump is cut close to the ground by cutting it with a chainsaw. This will allow us to process the stump more quickly and conveniently, saving you time and resources.
- We can now place the grinder over the stump and begin the process of grinding.
- The grinding process will persist as the grinder’s teeth move back and forth the stump. Grinding will end when we see that the stump is three to six inches underground. This will allow grass to grow on the surface.
- To finish the process, we will clear the area of the wood chips as a result of grinding. We can leave them to you and use them as organic mulch, or we can haul them away to be processed in a green manner.
Stump elimination can take up to a minimum of 45 minutes or 2 hours maximum, considering its size, age, and species. If you have multiple stumps in your yard, we would gladly offer multi-stump discounts to help you save some cash. When you are sick and tired of the ugly stump in your yard, call your most reliable tree company in town. Main Tree Service is ready to supply you with a budget-friendly, efficient, and professional stump removal service.